Google My Business Posts are used for short updates that businesses can use to share information about their products, services, or events with their customers.
What is a Google My Business Post?
A Google My Business post is a way of communicating with your customers. It can be used to tell your customers about new products, recent news, or upcoming events. Google My Business posts appear as a page in search results on Google Maps and search, right next to all other profile information and reviews.
There are various types of posts available to all businesses. They are:
Also, three additional post types are available for some businesses. That is:
- Menu for restaurants
- Products for e-commerce
Is the Google My Business Posts Tool Free to Use?
Yes, the Google My Business Posts tool is free to use. Google My Business is a free tool. It allows businesses to handle their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. The Posts feature permits businesses to share updates about their products, services, or events with their customers. There is no cost to use this feature, and businesses can use it as often as they like to share updates with their customers.
Step by Step Processes of Creating a Google My Business post
You’ve already known how to set up a Google My Business Account and optimize it. In this guide, we will discuss how to create a good Google My Business post that will help attract more customers to your business step by step.
Step 1: Decide Your Post Type
When creating a Google My Business post, deciding on the category of post you want to make is essential. Google My Business offers four types of posts: “What’s new,” “Event,” “Offer,” and “Product.” Each post type serves a different purpose and has its features. Here’s a brief overview of each post type:
- “What’s new” Posts: These posts allow you to share updates about your business, such as new products, services, or promotions. You can include a photo or video with your post, and customers can like or comment on your post.
- “Event” Posts: These posts allow you to promote events you’re hosting, such as workshops, classes, or concerts. You can include details about the event, such as the date, time, and location, as well as a photo or video. Customers can RSVP to your event and add it to their calendars.
- “Offer” Posts: These posts allow you to share special offers or discounts with your customers. You can include details about the offer, such as the expiration date and any terms or conditions, as well as a photo or video. Customers can claim your offer by clicking on the “Redeem” button.
- “Product” Posts: These posts allow you to showcase your products and include details such as the price, availability, and a link to purchase. You can have multiple photos or videos of your product, and customers can click on the “Learn more” button to visit your website or online store.
By deciding on the type of post you want to create, you can tailor your message and choose the most relevant features for your business and your customers.
Step 2: Write Your Post
Once you’ve decided on the type of post you want to create for your Google My Business listing, it’s time to write it. Here are some tips for writing a great Google My Business post:
- Keep it Short and to the Point: Google My Business posts are limited to 300 characters, so ensure your message is concise and clear.
- Use Precise Language: Use language that will grab the reader’s attention and encourage them to take action. Try to avoid using technical terms that might be confusing to customers.
- Include a Call to Action: Encourage customers to visit your business or learn more about your products or services by including a call to action in your post. For example, you could invite customers to “stop by our store today” or “click here to learn more.”
- Use Relevant Keywords: Including relevant keywords in your posts can help improve the visibility of your business in local search results. Consider including terms that describe your products or services and your location.
- Edit and Proofread: Double-check your post for spelling and grammar errors before publishing. A well-written post will make a more professional impression on your customers.
By following these tips, you can write a compelling Google My Business post that will help attract more customers to your business.
Step 3: Publish It
After you’ve written your post, hit Publish. Your post will be live in 7 days. And after that, the post will be removed from your GMB profile.
Step 4: Interacting with and Responding to Customers
One important feature of Google My Business is the ability for customers to leave reviews and for businesses to respond to them. Here are some tips for interacting with and responding to customers on Google My Business:
- Monitor your Reviews Regularly: It’s essential to stay on top of your reviews so you can respond promptly to any customer feedback. You can set up reminders when you receive a new review.
- Thank Customers for Their Feedback: Whether the review is positive or negative, be sure to thank the customer for giving them to leave a review. This shows that you value their input and are committed to improving your business.
- Address Negative Reviews: If you receive a negative review, responding to the customer’s concerns and showing interest in making things right is essential. Acknowledge the customer’s experience and offer a solution or apology.
- Respond to Positive Reviews: Positive reviews are an excellent opportunity to thank customers for their business and build loyalty. Acknowledge their kind words and encourage them to visit again or recommend your business to others.
- Use a Personal Touch: Aim to be personal and authentic in your responses. Use the customer’s name and reference specific details from their review to show that you are paying attention and care about their experience.
Optimizing Your Google My Business Posts with the Right Image Sizes
Set your Google My Business posts to the correct image sizes and resolutions to ensure your pictures are crisp and clear. This is important because when someone visits your page, they’ll likely see an image first. Be sure to adjust the size of each post, and optimize it correctly, so it works well on a small screen and large televisions in an entertainment center.
- Format of Image: JPG or PNG
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Size of Photo: 1200px x 900px recommended (480px x 270px minimum), up to 5mb each
- Specs of Video: 720p resolution minimum, up to 30 seconds long, and 75MB per video
Effective Strategies for Google My Business Posts
Creating and sharing posts on your Google My Business listing can showcase your products, services, and brand personality, encourage customer engagement, and improve ranking. This guide will share some effective strategies for creating successful Google My Business posts. From sharing updates and promotions to utilizing hashtags and call-to-action buttons, these tips will help you get traffic to your business.
- Maximizing Your Business’s Potential with Offers
Offers help you boost visibility and increase conversions. You can create offers for your business listing in your ads, such as free delivery, free samples, or discounts for entering a promo code. Offers also appear in text ads in your ads’ search results, targeting specific audiences and providing a compelling call to action for people on mobile devices.
- Highlighting Your Business’s Space
One way to make your Google My Business listing stand out is by highlighting your business’s space. By sharing photos and videos of your location, you can give customers a sense of what it’s like to visit your store, restaurant, or other business. This can be especially effective if you have a unique or visually appealing space. This guide will explore how to showcase your business’s physical space on your Google My Business listing.
From taking advantage of Google Street View to sharing behind-the-scenes looks at your location, there are many ways to give customers a virtual tour of your business. By highlighting your space, you can create a sense of place and encourage customers to visit in person.
- Updating Customers with Care and Gratitude
As a business owner, you must keep your customers informed about any changes or updates that may affect their experience with your company. Whether you need to announce new safety measures, modified hours, or other important news, it’s essential to do so with care and gratitude.
Using your Google My Business listing to deliver updates and messages, you can ensure that your customers are in the loop and feel appreciated. From crafting heartfelt messages to showing appreciation for your customers’ understanding and support, we explored ways to keep your customers informed while maintaining a positive and supportive relationship.
- Promoting Upcoming Events
Google My Business is an excellent platform for promoting upcoming events and special occasions. By featuring events on your Google My Business listing, you can attract new customers and engage with your existing audience. Whether you’re hosting a sale, workshop, or special event, your Google My Business listing is a prime place to get the word out.
From sharing details and updates to creating a sense of excitement and anticipation, we’ve discussed ways to make the most of your Google My Business posts to promote your events and drive attendance.
Ultimately, writing great Google My Business posts is a fruitful way to engage with your customers, promote your business, and drive traffic to your store or website. Following the strategies outlined in this guide, you can create compelling and engaging posts to help you get traffic from the end users.
Remember to be authentic, use visually appealing photos and videos, and focus on the needs and interests of your audience. By crafting well-written and thoughtful Google My Business posts, you can build a stronger connection with your customers and drive more business to your company.