When you want to write a blog, you have the privilege to dive deep into your favorite subjects, focus on your expertise, and build a group of readers interested in your writing. In that case, whether you start a blog from scratch or make blogging your business strategy, publishing content online is a useful way to share your knowledge and thoughts with the world.
You may need to start blogging to grow your business or self-development. Maybe you know how to write blogs. But you don’t know how to write SEO-friendly or E-E-A-T friendly blogs. To rank your blog, your blog should be E-E-A-T friendly and relevant. In this blog, I’ll let you know how to write a blog by following E-E-A-T guidelines. And show you how to improve your site’s E-E-A-T, so your content meets users’ requirements and ranks higher. Let’s get started.
What is E-E-A-T?
In December 2022, Google updated its guidelines about quality raters. Quality rater aimed at helping Google’s search raters evaluate the performance of Google’s search ranking systems. Previously, these guidelines were known by an acronym, E-A-T, which stood for Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. But now it has been expanded to include an extra “E” for the Experience. Now it’s E-E-A-T, which stands for Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness.
Experience: In quality ranker guidelines, experience means Google is looking for content that transparently shows a degree of experience relating to the topic. So, if someone is searching for information about paragliding in Nepal, the search engine page results (SEPRs) should promote content from sources with experience paragliding in Nepal.
Expertise: Expertise directs to the writer of the main content and believes their credibility. For example, a person who has no knowledge of paragliding but writes blogs on their theories of paragliding is unlikely to rank above an established professional or service provider. Essentially, expertise means the writer has expertise on this topic. That said, Google’s guidelines verify that expertise can be shown less formally, such as in accurate and detailed reviews or forums, depending on the content’s purpose.
Authoritativeness: Authoritativeness leads to the overall reputation in the industry, especially among specialists in the niche. It is all about proving that your site is an authority in your industry.
In alternate words, authoritativeness means people know you, know your background and your products, and look to you as a leader in your industry. They take you as a good source of information.
Trustworthiness: Trustworthiness is exactly the same as it sounds. This means how trustworthy your site is. This can be exemplified by having a secure domain that protects users’ information and through positive reviews. If you get too many negative reviews, search engines will illustrate your site as poor quality, affecting your position on the SERPs.
How Does Google Use E-E-A-T?
There needs to be a better understanding that E-E-A-T is an algorithm. But it is an approach that provides into Google’s search algorithm when considering the quality and relevancy of a website and its content. There are some people who are known as Google search quality evaluators. They assess the quality of websites. It is based on the criteria sketched in the Quality Rater Guidelines, and then they provide feedback, which is used to help restructure and improve the algorithm. That means the feedback given by these evaluators can affect the ranking of the websites in Google search results.
Why Is E-E-A-T Important For Your Business?
Showing your business maintains E-E-A-T can seriously bump you top on the SERPs. This happens because search engines like Google acknowledge that your website is trusted and recommended. You’ve likely come across some crooked websites during your previous online searches.
And that’s why Google is trying to stop users from coming across its platform. For example, if any website provides false information and ranks at the top of SERPs, it could be dangerous. For this reason, Google will consider the E-E-A-T of a website to protect the users from any harm and to ensure only quality content that meets the user’s requirements is provided.
I hope you understand the concept of E-E-A-T and how it benefits your business. Now let’s discuss how to write a blog by following E-E-A-T guidelines.
How To Write a Blog By Following E-E-A-T Guidelines?
The most important part of writing is ensuring that it brings value to your readers and matches their interests and your own. The blog should be relevant to the topic and easy to read. Writing a blog following E-E-A-T guidelines is relatively easy. By considering the following factors, you can write an E-E-A-T-friendly blog.
Ask yourself if you would trust a product review from someone who has used it. Or would you trust a review written by someone who did not use it? You would choose the first one. Now the query is how you can demonstrate experience to your target audience. The following points will help you to know the answer.
- Share personal experiences: Share your personal experiences related to the topic or product you are writing content for. This can be in forming a blog or article, including findings, anecdotal evidence, suggestions, and tricks showing your hands-on knowledge of the subject.
- Include examples: Use examples to demonstrate points and clearly understand the topic. These can be from others’ experiences or your own, as long as you give proper context and describe their relevance. You can provide examples through images, case studies, or videos.
- Cite sources: Use reliable sources to support your remarks and give additional information through external links.
- Use technical language and keywords: By using technical language and particular keywords related to your topic, you’re showing your audience that you have expertise in the subject.
To improve your website’s expertise, you need to understand your audience’s requirements and know what they will search for. The first step is keyword research and then developing an effective keyword strategy. Understanding user intent is worth the time and effort Because when you get a user’s motives, you can cater to them.
Once you’ve fixed your target audience and their requirements, you can make useful content for them. Regularly published blogs on a related topic to your products or business is an effective way to do this. For instance, if you are a digital marketer, you could post about digital marketing strategy and the results you’ve got by following the strategy. You could include an image, video demonstrations, or bullet lists for the procedure. Moreover, you always need to get ahead of the competition and have related search queries in your blog to answer as many user questions as possible by showing your brand’s knowledge and expertise.
There are some ways that you can improve the authority of your website, including:
- Link Building: Link building is absolutely helpful in the world of SEO. And backlinks are the active ranking indicator. If you find other websites related to your blogs or products that have the authority to link to your blog or website, request or ask them to backlink your blog to their website. It will tell search engines that others recommend your brand and that you have expertise in that industry. This opportunity boosts the authoritativeness of your blog.
- Utilizing social media platforms: Sharing your blogs on social media will work wonders for building your brand. Especially it leads the way to more people searching for your blog or your product directly. If you are consistent in this and get your content out there, it will grow your authority.
Improving trustworthiness towards your business is a key element. By following tips, you can increase the trustworthiness of the blogs you write for your business.
- Ensure your web domain is secure: Back in 2014, Google declared that HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) would be utilized as a ranking signal. It would help if you used a secure internet protocol, and your URL should be relevant to your blog.
- Encourage customers to leave comments: You could have the happiest readers in the world who would gladly praise your blogs. But unless they leave a comment, Google won’t know this. Gently encourage users to leave you a comment if they find your blog useful and interesting. Featuring users’ testimonials on your website will help to strengthen your brand’s trustworthiness, experience, and authoritativeness.
- Deal with negative reviews: Don’t ignore negative comments. As mentioned, your website will be seen as poor and untrustworthy if your business or content receives too many negative comments or reviews. Because, in Google’s perspective, you’re disappointing users.
Google is constantly modifying its search algorithm and the search quality rater guidelines. While Google aims that factors such as E-E-A-T do not directly impact your blog’s ranking. But as they add them to the official guidelines, this is a strong signal you should pay attention to!